For the 5th birthday of our association (1 February 2020) we want to give it a new brand with a new name and logo. We have come a long way and the association has developed significantly. At the beginning we mainly collected knitwear, which we brought to refugees in different countries.
We absolutely want to continue this kind of help. But there are other areas that have little or no relation to knitting. We work together with schools, organize public events, plan a large integration project or sell products.
In these areas of activity we have to explain again and again why we are called StrickWärme. The name even becomes an obstacle, because we as an organisation are misunderstood and often underestimated. Various feedbacks from donors have made it clear that we lose donations with the current name. The result is that we can only realize important projects in a reduced way.
The association has therefore decided that the old brand, i.e. the name and logo, must be revised. To this end, the association has developed a self-image and a catalogue of criteria:
- The self-image describes who we are independently of the name as an association and which values we represent.
- The criteria catalog lists the criteria that a name should fulfill.
Is the StrickWärme brand disappearing?
No, we want to keep the name StrickWärme for knitting collections and our projects related to knitting. But it's about finding a new name for the association that describes who we are for all our activities.
How will the name search work?
In the coming weeks and months we will interview all persons and organisations who have come into contact with the StrickWärme association. We are looking for ideas for names that meet the following criteria as fully as possible:
- DigitalThe domain must be available. The name should be without umlauts (ä, ö, ü), as these do not occur everywhere in the digital world. The name must also be available on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube).
- ShortThe spice lies in the brevity. It is important that the new name is concise and that it comes off well.
- InternationalWe often work with partners from different language areas and have various projects in Southern Europe and the Middle East. The new name must therefore also function internationally.
- ProfessionalismThe new name is intended to ensure that we do not sell ourselves under value and are taken seriously as an organisation. It should have a professional charisma and say that we are a serious charity.
- UniqueThe name should be as unique as possible to avoid confusion with other organizations.
- Self-explanatoryThe new name should be self-explanatory. It must better reflect who we are and what our activity is.
- TimelessThe name should still work well in 10 or 20 years.